Eeeekkk!! You asked for it, we made it happen... You can now FIND THE SHRINE IN STORE @ TOPSHOP OXFORD CIRCUS!! Continue reading for more details...
We flew all the way to LA to be there for the Pretty Little Thing x Paper Magazine pre Coachella party. With a special appearance from King Kylie this post is not for those who suffer highly from FOMO.
The birth of the glitter booty and a weekend without wifi. Read all about our crazy trip to Beyond Sahara 2017.
Coachella is just around the corner! Get inspired by these gorgeous festival looks, created by our very own team of fabulous make up artists.
Whether you celebrate 'Galentines' or 'Valentines' you'll be sure to fall head over heels in love with these sparkly beauty looks inspired by the season...
Happy Chinese New Year! Read on to discover how to create this stunning rooster make-up look inspired by the season.
Last month we headed off to the snowy French Alps for Rise Festival. Read all about it here!
A round up of our favourite looks we created in 2016 - It's been a good year!
Read how Rhia Barton turned into a Fairy Ice Queen
Next, MUA Aisha Khan (instagram.com/akhanartistry) blew us away with her chilling snow queen look. From those ice blue lips to her strong blue contour this girl has made us want to all embrace our inner Narnia ice queen. FUN FACT: Aisha’s must have beauty product has to be liquid lipstick. She’s always on the look out for the best formula. Well girl, we think you nailed it with this look! To recreate this look for yourself, you will need:
• The Gypsy Shrine ‘Mix & Match’ face jewels.
• The Gypsy Shrine ‘Iridescent’, ‘Mermaid’ and ‘Unicorn’ glitters.
• Snazaroo light blue, silver and white paints.
• Kryolan Blue Aqua Paint.
• Jeffree Star ‘Drug Lord’ for both lips and eyeliner, ‘Breakfast at Tiffanys’ and ‘Ice Cold’ skin frost.
• NYX Cosmetics liquid lipstick in ‘Blue’.
• Morphe Brushes 12P palette.
• Unicorn Lashes in ‘Vespertine’ topped with Kryolan white lashes.
FUN FACT: Aisha loved spending this Christmas with her family especially her niece and nephew. “They were both so excited about Santa’s visit! Having the kids around at Christmas makes it all so much more magical and festive and of course I love glittering my make up all up for the entire festive season!”
FOLLOW Aisha on Instagram: @akhanartistry
Next up, ultimate babe Sarah Patterson had her own spin on the Christmas fairy look featuring an array of festive silver and gold glitters. And now she looks the festive part, we asked her what she enjoyed the most this Christmas. “This Christmas I loved having my whole family being together. I have a 3 week old nephew that received a ridiculous amount of cuddles from his Auntie Sarah!” If pink isn’t your thing but fairies are then you can recreate Sarah’s product using the following:
• Bare minerals primer.
• Mehron celebe HD foundation
• Urban decay concealer, translucent powder and perversion mascara.
• Barry M silver eyeliner in the waterline, black on the lash line.
• Superstar silver and gold face paint on the lids and then the silver and gold glitter mix on top.
• Superstar white face paint on the brow and The Gypsy Shrine ‘Iridescent’ glitter mix pressed on top.
• Global Body Art paint in ‘Gold’ on the roots, then sprinkled with The Gypsy Shrine gold glitter mix.
• Barry M silver and black eyeliner.
• Urban decay conceler, powder and perversion mascara
• Eyelure lashes customised with The Gypsy Shrine silver glitter mix.
• NYX liquid matte lips.
• Phees make up tips highlighter in ‘Papillion’ pressed on top and on the nose and cheekbones
• MAC blush.
• The Gypsy Shrine ‘Iridescent’ glitter mix on the body.
FUN FACT: Sarah’s top tip for removing a heavy face of make-up is to use the ‘make-up eraser’. “It is the best thing ever to get make-up and body paint off with. I have two already and another on my Christmas list!”
FOLLOW Sarah on Instagram: @sarahpmakeup
We would like to wish all of our Gypsy Shrine glitter queens a very sparkly Christmas and an even shinier New Year – we hope you have had a good one!
We have had a crazy month with pop ups in Topshop, Selfridges and Miss Guided all over the country, we have also been in the Alps with Rise Festival!! Its been a busy one for us!!!
But what about for those of you that weren’t able to attend our pop up stores? Well, we’ve got you covered too! For the past week, those of you that are already following us on Instagram (instagram.com/thegypsyshrine) and Snapchat (thegypsyshrine) will have already seen our amazing bloggers and make up artists taking over our story and sharing with you a tutorial to their favourite sparkly Christmas looks. All of which can be recreated using our special range of chunky glitters and face gems. The girls gave us it all, from a frosty ice queen to a dainty Christmas fairy. There’s a look here for every one of us to try!
First up we had the lovely Mia Kennington from Thrills of Tomorrow. As one of our on team make up artists, we were so excited to share with you Mia’s work and showcase just how talented she really is. And when asked what her favourite thing about working for us Gypsy Shrine girls was Mia said “Of course, it’s got to be playing with all the fabulous glitter! Browsing what new colours and goodies there are to work with.. But mostly seeing how happy everyone is when we sparkle them up.” And sparkle is what she definitely did as she created a festive, deer look inspired by the ever so cute Snapchat filter. (Although, don’t tell Snapchat but we think that Mia’s sleighs any day!) To recreate Mia’s look you will need:
• Gypsy Shrine ‘Mix & Match’ face jewels.
• Gypsy Shrine ‘Glitz & Shine’ glitter gift set.
• Gypsy Shrine ‘Fortune Night’ glitter gift set.
• Mehron Face Paints. (available at https://www.treasurehouseofmakeup.co.uk/mehron-products.html/)
• MAC Pink blushes/eye-shadows.
FUN FACT: Mia’s must have beauty products are a good bronzer, mini perfumes to keep in her bag at all times and of course, always a bit of sparkle!
Read about our next ARTIST TAKE OVER - Rhia Barton in our next post!
The Gypsy Shrine is now a pop-up concession in the Oxford Circus store!